Bookish Ramblings # 8: Mid-Year Update

Hello Everyone,

So, the middle of the year has come and gone, so I thought that I'd give you an update of the things that I've done this year. This will mostly be a bookish post, though I will be including some other things as well.

I've had some motivational/inspirational highs and dips this year. Sometimes I reckon it's from this constant mindset of where I seem to be on the go all the time - and that can get quite exhausting at times. 
June was where I managed to create a little bit of downtime for myself, especially for things that I needed to catch up on, or just get around to doing. 

Which leads me to the next things that I only got to in June:
Even though I had been doing some leisure reading throughout the year, I managed to get more than usual done in June - and that's because I tried to keep my review schedule to a minimum. 
Another thing I also only got to in June - is doing some non-fiction Christian reading. Yes, you read right: I only got to it in June.
In other words, until June, I hadn't read a non-fiction Christian book in 2018.
Disgusting, isn't it?
Anyways, moving on...

Now onto the things that I achieved this year (and I'll be starting with the non-book related things):
- I went to a Christian conference and concert.
- I put some new items on my etsy store.
- I started a newsletter.
- A website/company contacted me to collaborate with them.
- I changed my little workstation into a more comfortable and visually attractive place.

Which leads me to the book related things:
- I started listening to audiobooks.
- I did four five-star ratings this year so far.
- I created a Wattpad account, for the pure simple reason to start writing.
- I created a booktube channel.
- And lastly, it was the first time that I've been able to get bookish boxes in my own country, and I hope to get some more in the future.

This is where the list ends (for now...)

Last Word:
Alright, this is where I'm going to stop with this post, before it gets too long and rambly. 
Let me know in the comments down below what you've achieved so far this year. 

And one last thing before I close this blog post off: I really appreciate everyone who has supported me in any way on my blogging journey - you guys are awesome!

Enjoy,
Carmen. 

Comments