Highlights of the Month - August 2017

Hello Everyone,


I've managed to read 5 books this month - not including any of the ones that I'm currently reading. I've had a bit of a busy month; but I'll explain what I've been doing at the end of this post. 
I definitely had a favourite book this month (you probably know what it is!) - The Summer of Shambles by Ebony McKenna. I also had a very close second; and that one was 'Weave a Murderous Web' by Anne Rothman-Hicks and Ken Hicks. 
Sadly, I also had a least favourite this month as well (and you also probably know what this one is as well) - The Long Road Home by Carolyn Bowen. More details in general with this book would have made me enjoy it more. 

Monthly Reading Goals: 
I'm a little bit behind with my monthly reading goals - I'm busy with July and August's reading goals, but I'm going to set one for SEPTEMBER anyways:
Read either:
Young Adult
OR
Chick Lit
Chances are very good that I'm only going to be reading one of these, and the reason for this will be concluded in...

Last Word:
I'm going to most likely have a busy September, which is why I will only get to one monthly reading goal. I've got most of my reading schedule for September planned already. I'm also happy that I got to pick up some paperbacks in August as well; even though for the last week or so my mind hasn't been on reading - if you follow me on Twitter, you'd know that I've been watching a lot of webinars lately. Which brings me to my next announcement: I have resigned at my work place - though the resignation is only going to take effect next year since I still have to get things in place as well as make provisions. 
Which means that my full-time [self-employed] job is going to be book blogging, so I'm going to be giving this blog my FULL attention next year - which I'm definitely excited (and a little bit apprehensive as well) for. Let me know how your month has gone.

Hope you had a great month of reading,
Chat Soon,
Carmen. 

Comments