Bookish Ramblings # 3 - Book Reviewing

Hello Everyone,

I've decided to go a little bit more into depth about my book blogging; and as you can see from the heading, this is the third post in the 'Bookish Ramblings' series. 
I'll first start off by saying that I am very grateful that I have gotten this far. I really enjoy what I do on this book blog of mine, and I've got some plans in the works for this book blog. For now, this series will take place every two months, just until I am able to do this full time; since I will then have more time to dedicate to talking about one of my favourite topics: books. 
For those who are regular readers of my blog, I'm glad you are stopping by once again; and for those who are new, welcome. I will give you a brief background on this book blog:
This blog started in March 2016; and at this point in time, since I'll most likely have a new book blog website up hopefully soon, I'll be sharing more in depth details about the history of my book blog there. 
I read a fairly large variety of genres (though I'm not really a fan of erotica), and through various means have been able to find quite a few authors whose works I hadn't read previously and have also come to love reading books from certain authors as well. I love hearing back from authors that I've worked with before; and I've slowly been stretching my comfort zone with regards to all things book-related. 

I did my first review with Booktasters (who are on Twitter, and if you'd like to check them out, you can go here), and at that stage, I had no idea that I would come to love book reviewing as much as I do now. I still (try) do reviews for them once a month. 
Since then, I have come into contact with a lot of authors as well as fellow book bloggers. I have a tendency to lean towards indie or self-published, but I also really enjoy traditional published reads as well - though they are usually leisure reads. I could list quite a few favourite authors, but then this blog post would be a little bit too long! (I could consider that for a future topic for this series.) I try to review as much as possible, but at this stage, working a full-time day job doesn't allow for much - on a really good week, I might get three done, but it usually only ends up being one or two.

In the beginning, I didn't have to schedule my reads - nowadays; I definitely do! 
And as from next year, I'm hoping that I'll be able to get more reviews in; since I'm going to be focusing my full attention on my blog. I'm also hoping that I'll be able to get through some of my tbr that's been around for awhile - as well as getting some more leisure reading done.

I could carry on all day about this topic and how grateful I am as to how far I've been able to come with my book blog. If you're an avid reader, I'm sure you'll know the feeling that your list of favourite authors grow at a very rapid pace - such that you nearly can't keep up!

And before this post gets a little bit too long... The last thing that I'm going to say is that there are times when I love lingering thoughtfully on a book that I'm really enjoying. The danger to that one is that at some stage - I consider getting the paperback!

Enjoy,
Carmen.

Comments